Vitamin B6in its most active form
- Helps in tissue formation
- Supports and maintains good health
- Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates fats, and proteins
- Helps to prevent vitamin B6deficiency
- Provides 50 mg of vitamin B6per capsule
Active B6Pyridoxal is a source of vitamin B6in the form of pyridoxal-5-phosphate (PLP). As the most biologically active form of the vitamin, PLP helps to catalyze over140 reactions.PLP is an important cofactor in: 1) fatty acid metabolism, including the production of important omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids; 2) carbohydrate metabolism, including the breakdown of glycogen into glucose; 3) amino acid metabolism, including neurotransmitter synthesis and the conversion of tryptophan into niacin.Vitamin B6deficiency decreases niacin production and increases formation of the metabolite xanthurenic acid, which lowers insulin activity.Low levels of vitamin B6also lead to increased synovial fluid between joints, which results in nerve compression.