Canadian Bitters containsGentian which is traditionally used in Herbal Medicine:
- To help relieve digestive disturbances/dyspepsia
- As a digestive tonic and bitter to help stimulate appetite and aid digestion (stomachic)
- To help prevent nausea (anti-emetic).
It is also used in Herbal Medicine to help increase bile flow (cholagogue).
Canadian Bittersis one of St. Francis Herb Farm's best known formulas.Canadian Bitters contains what are considered cooling (bitter) herbs and warming (pungent) herbs, as well as aromatic digestives.
Medicinal Ingredients (per 1 ml):
- Globe Artichoke (Cynara scolymus, leaf) 0.22 ml (1:4, QCE 55 mg)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale, whole plant) 0.14 ml (1:1, QCE 140 mg fresh OR 1:3.5, QCE 40 mg dry)
- Gentian (Gentiana lutea, root) 0.14 ml (1:4, QCE 35 mg)
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla, flower) 0.10 ml (1:4, QCE 25 mg)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa, rhizome) 0.10 ml (1:4, QCE 25 mg)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum, fruit) 0.10 ml (1:4, QCE 25 mg)
- Burdock (Arctium lappa, root) 0.09 ml (1:1, QCE 90 mg fresh OR 1:4, QCE 22.5 mg dry)
- Black Walnut (Juglans nigra, fruit hull) 0.07 ml (1:4, QCE 17.5 mg)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale, rhizome) 0.04 ml (1:1, QCE 40 mg)
- Certified Organic alcohol
- Distilled water
- Certified Organic Vegetable glycerine
Adults:Take 1-1.5 ml (30-45 drops) 3 times daily, in a little water, on an empty stomach. Take 15-60 minutes before meals.
Cautions and Warnings:Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.
Contraindications:Do not take:ifyou are pregnantifyou have gallstones, a liver or gall bladder disorder, bowel or bile duct obstruction, acute stomach irritation, inflammation, and/or stomach or duodenal ulcersifyou have heart disease, high or low blood pressure, kidney or liver disorder, diabetes or edema (swelling of hands, face and feet) or are taking products containing diureticsifyou are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae/Daisy family. Stop use and seek medical attention immediately if you experience dizziness, confusion, muscle weakness or pain, abnormal heartbeat and/or difficulty breathing. Discontinue use if you develop symptoms of liver trouble.
Known Adverse Reactions:Hypersensitivity/allergy has been known to occur, in which case discontinue use. Some people may experience headaches.