- Uses Pharma GABA™, a naturally sourced form of GABA
- Naturally manufactured via a fermentation process that uses Lactobacillus hilgardii, the bacterium used to ferment vegetables in the preparation of kimchi, the traditional Korean dish
- Improves calmness and relaxation from daily stress, eases nervous tension, and reduces the negative effects of caffeine consumption, without causing drowsiness
- Fast acting – effects can be felt in as little as five minutes and can last from four to six hours1
- Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) status in the United States
- Delicious tropical fruit-flavoured chewable tablet • Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is one of the major inhibitory neurotransmitters in the central nervous system, balancing the excitatory effects of glutamate on neuronal activity. The inhibitory effects of GABA are generally considered to lessen anxiety, relax muscle tension, and have sedative-like effects. GABA has also been shown to cause a significant increase in alpha brain waves, which are associated with a more relaxed state and better concentration.
In a clinical trial involving people with a fear of heights, a control group crossing a suspension bridge had a 35% decrease in salivary levels of secretory immunoglobulin A (sIgA), a marker for stress-related decreases in immune system activity. Participants who crossed the same bridge, but took GABA-Pro had increases in sIgA levels, suggesting a stressreducing effect.
Many medications used for insomnia also target GABA receptors and activity, with effects such as decreasing wakefulness, shortening sleep latency, and increasing slow-wave sleep.
Pharma GABA is well absorbed and binds to GABA receptors in the peripheral nervous system (PNS), the arm of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) responsible for producing the “relaxation response” – the opposite of the “fight or flight” response. In a double-blind crossover study, 12 young adult males taking 30 mg of Pharma GABA per meal after an overnight fast had significant increases in overall ANS and PNS activities, compared to placebo. This suggests Pharma GABA may induce relaxation effects by modulating ANS activity.
|Each Tablet Contains:|
|Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)||100 mg|
|(from 129 mg Pharma GABATM 80 Complex)|
Xylitol, stearic acid, hydroxypropylcellulose, silica, natural tropical fruit flavour (banana, pomegranate, pineapple, mango, passionfruit, orange, tangerine, mandarin), citric acid, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, wheat, gluten, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Recommended Adult Dose: Chew 1–2 tablets 3 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks.