L-glutamine with Theracurmin provides two complementary nutrients that target inflammation and support intestinal and musculoskeletal health, especially in response to exercise.
L-glutamine is the most plentiful amino acid in the body, a Krebs cycle intermediary of particular importance to intestinal and immune cells, and one known to be depleted following strenuous physical activity.
L-glutamine supplementation has been shown to prevent an exercise-induced increase in intestinal permeability, by promoting tight junction stability, upregulating anti-inflammatory cytokine production, and suppressing inflammation, notably NF-κB activation.
L-glutamine also stimulates protein synthesis pathways while inhibiting protein degradation, and has been shown to improve muscle recovery, reduce soreness, and limit muscle damage following exercise.
Curcumin has well-established anti-inflammatory effects with multiple molecular targets, including NF-κB, as well as cyclooxygenases and lipoxygenases, and it also promotes recovery of intestinal integrity by enhancing tight junction protein expression.
Curcumin supplementation has been shown to mitigate damage to muscles following exercise, reduce pain due to delayed onset muscle soreness, and enhance the recovery of muscle performance.
Theracurmin specifically has been shown to prevent both an increase in creatine kinase and muscle degradation following eccentric exercise.
Theracurmin has been proven effective for symptom relief and for reducing the need for rescue medication among participants with knee osteoarthritis in a prospective clinical trial.
L-glutamine and Theracurmin both target multiple mechanisms associated with inflammation, muscle repair, and function.
- Provides 5 g of L-glutamine and 30 mg of Theracurmin per serving
- Targets multiple pathways of inflammation and protein synthesis to improve muscle repair and recovery following exercise
- Provides immune and digestive system support
- Theracurmin has higher bioavailability and more rapid absorption in humans, compared to standard curcumin
- Powder formulation allows for flexible and convenient dosing
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans