What is Arnica?
The Arnica Montana is a perennial plant native to the mountainous regions of Europe. Arnica Montana’s main pharmacologically active constituent (helenalin) is safe and beneficial when used in herbal medicine as an anti-inflammatory and an analgesic.
- The European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy
- The European Medicines Agency
Licensed Natural Health Product in Canada (NPN80090474)
These agencies have concluded that, on the basis of its long-standing history of use, arnica flower preparations can be used for the relief of bruises, joint sprains, and localized muscle pain.
(See the list of scientific references below.)
- Back and neck pain
- Joint pain and dysfunction
- Muscle pain and stiffness, foot pain and plantar fasciitis
- Use on swollen and inflamed joints- ankles, knees, hips, shoulders
- Bruises and injuries as long as the skin is not broken
- Sports injuries, tendon, ligament and muscle strains
- Playground bumps and strains
- Symptoms associated with Osteoarthritic changes and Rheumatoid arthritis