Gelatinized Black Maca Root Powder, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO, Vegan, Fresh and Potent
Our Organic Gelatinized Black Maca Root Powder is carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. It comes from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. Our cooperative of farmers is committed both to traditional, organic farming and to producing only the highest quality maca products available anywhere.
What makes gelatinized black maca powder different from raw black maca
Gelatinization is a specialized process in which maca roots are heated and put under pressure in order to “explode” starch molecules. This renders the resulting maca powder easier to digest. As the process only uses water and heat, it does not add any type of “gelatin” to the final powder. There are several key aspects that set gelatinized maca apart:
- Gelatinized maca is the easiest maca to digest and best for anyone with a sensitive stomach
- A special process heats the roots is to remove the starch content, making gelatinized maca more concentrated than raw maca (you may need to take less to get similar benefits)
- Some nutrients including active metabolites are activated and amplified due to the heat and pressure used in making gelatinized maca
- The main disadvantage to taking maca root in gelatinized form is that some nutrients including vitamin C and all enzymes are destroyed due to the heat used in processing
- Our 2.2 lb (1 kg) foil lined, double sealed, food grade pouch contains 111 individual servings at 3 t (9g) each. That is enough to last one person nearly 4 months. Note that we also sell black gelatinized maca powder in 1 lb (50 servings) and 8 oz (25 serving) packages.
Who is gelatinized black maca powder best for
It’s very important to understand that if you have any type of digestive sensitivity, you should use one of our gelatinized products over our raw products. That way you will have the best chance of succeeding with maca right away. If you discover that you do well with a gelatinized product, you may later want to try a raw product. Either way is actually fine as our decades of experience shows that the major benefits of each are consistent between raw and gelatinized maca products. What this means is that people report similarly positive benefits from taking either one.
In more specific terms, we recommend our organic gelatinized black maca powder for the following cases:
- Male fertility and libido. Research conducted in Peru in 2009 indicated that black maca was the best of all Maca powders for increasing sperm count and motility. Note that for best results for fertility, we recommend that females take red maca at the same time their partners take black maca.
- Muscle building. Gelatinized black maca is a customer favorite for increasing muscle mass and strength.
- Endurance. We’ve also had reports from both male and female athletes that gelatinized black maca powder supports endurance in both training and events.
- Improved Mood. A study from 2016 from an esteemed and larger group of international researchers found that black maca improved mood as well as overall “quality of life.”
- Focus and memory. Some students rave about black maca’s ability to support their focus and concentration, which can lead to higher performance.