Spirulina is a spiral shaped green microalgae. One of the most nourishing superfoods known, it contains a host of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. As a source of high quality, easily digested vegetarian protein, Spirulina offers all essential amino acids along with a unique fatty acid known as GLA or Gamma linolenic acid, an anti-inflammatory compound found in mothers milk. Its vibrant green color is due to the concentration of chlorophyll and the antioxidant phycocyanin. It has been traditionally used to promote alkalinity and detoxification.
Organic Traditions offers the cleanest, safest, third party tested Certified Organic Spirulina in the industry. Each batch undergoes rigorous testing in order to ensure that our Spirulina is free of heavy metals, pesticides and other contaminants. Spirulina that is grown in uncontrolled, natural environments is difficult to regulate in terms of microorganism growth and contaminants. Spirulina easily absorbs chemicals and other toxins from the environment and so it is important to choose a reliable source.
Organic Traditions Spirulina is cultivated in a pristine, controlled environment, using water that is rich in naturally occurring nutrients and minerals to ensure optimal quality and nutritional value. Unlike Chlorella, Spriulinas soft cell wall is highly digestible and the nutrients are easy to absorb and so no cell wall breakage is required. Organic Traditions Spirulina contains no fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients.
Organic Traditions Spirulina Powder Features and Benefits
- Offers all essential amino acids along with a unique fatty acid known as GLA or Gamma linolenic acid - an anti-inflammatory compound
- No fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients
- Cultivated in a pristine, controlled environment and lab-tested for purity
- Exceptionally high protein content, contains 375% more protein than tofu
- Traditionally been used to promote alkalinity and detoxification
- Contains a host of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- A great source of vitamins B12, A, Zinc and thiamine
- Rich in Thiamin, Riboflavin (B2) and Iron
- Contains high amounts of chlorophyll
- Cleanest Spirulina in the industry
Organic Traditions Spirulina Powder is an excellent source of Vitamin A and B12. Also a good source of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Spirulina is a fresh water green micro-algae that contains a host of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. There is no fillers, preservatives or additives. Fresh water algae use for smoothies and superfood recipes.