Silymarin is manufactured from Milk Thistle extract which contains flavanolignans (collectively known as silymarin), flavonoids and other compounds. This product is standardized to contain 168 mg of flavanolignans per tablet to ensure optimal strength and quality. The compounds in Silymarin, particularly the flavanolignans, are used traditionally to:
- provide antioxidant activity
- support healthy liver function and tissue integrity
- protect liver tissue by supporting normal cellular defences
- aid in the elimination of normal toxin accumulation in the liver
- increase bile flow for relief of mild symptoms of occasional indigestion
- Support growth of new liver cells
- promote normal response to environmental stresses*
Caution: Not to be used during pregnancy and lactation unless otherwise directed by a qualified health care professional. In anemia and cases where iron supplementation is required, do not take simultaneously with meals or iron supplements.
|Serving Size: 1 TabletServings per Container:60|
|Amount per Serving%DV|
Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients: Calcium phosphate, cellulose, magnesium stearate, sodium starch glycollate and silica.