With a smidgeon of honey for a taste kids will love; this cough syrup features the healing properties of fresh Elderberry & Wild Cherry Bark blended with essential oils.
Used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve your child's symptoms of colds and flu (such as coughs and catarrh of the upper respiratory tract).
Stop It Cold Kids Cough Syrup is Certified Organic.
Medicinal Ingredients (per tsp, 5ml):
- Wild Cherry (Prunus serotina, bark) 0.666 ml (1:2, QCE 333 mg)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis, root) 0.5 ml (1:1.85 fresh, QCE 270 mg or 1:4 dry, QCE 125 mg)
- Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea, herb top and root) 0.3 ml (1:1, QCE 300 mg)
- Elderberry (Sambucus nigra subsp. canadensisorSambucus nigra subsp. nigra berry juice concentrate) 0.2 ml (4.22:1, QCE 844 mg)
- Catnip (Nepeta cataria, herb top) 0.2 ml (1:4, QCE 50 mg)
- Anise (Pimpinella anisum, seed) 0.2 ml (1:4, QCE 50 mg)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris, leaf) 0.2 ml (1:4, QCE 50 mg)
- Distilled water
- Certified Organic alcohol
- Certified Organic Vegetable glycerine
- Lemon peel essential oil (Citrus limon)
- Cinnamon bark essential oil (Cinnamomum verum)
Children and adolescents (10 - 13 years):3 tsp (15 ml or 1 tbsp.)
Children (5-9 years):1.5 tsp (7.5 ml or Ì_åÇ_ tbsp.)
Children (2-4 years):1 tsp (5 ml.)
All doses should be taken 3 times daily a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products.
Duration of Use
Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
Cautions and Warnings:Consult a health care practitionerbefore use:ifyou are breastfeedingifyou have an autoimmune disorder or are taking immunosuppressantsifyou have a progressive systemic disease such as tuberculosis, collagenosis, multiple sclerosis, AIDS and/or HIV infection. Consult a health care practitioner if cough worsens, persists for more than 7 days, or is accompanied by a high fever. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms reoccur or are accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.
Contraindications:Do not use:ifyou are pregnantifyou are allergic to plants of the Apiaceae family
Known Adverse Reactions:Hypersensitivity (e.g. allergy) can occur, in which case, discontinue use. Discontinue use in case of gastrointestinal upsets, such as abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Diuretic effect may occur. Rare cases of severe allergic reactions have been known to occur; use caution if you are allergic to plants of the Daisy family.
Store at room temperature.Do not use if seal is broken.Keep out of reach of children.