- Features SunButyrate™, an innovative butyrate-rich triglyceride oil
- Provides 875 mg of butyric acid per teaspoon
- Designed to protect butyrate from degradation in the stomach for targeted delivery into the intestines
- Butyrate constitutes an important energy source
- Delicious natural blueberry-vanilla-flavoured liquid can be taken alone or easily mixed into food or drinks
SunButyrate™ Liquid was designed to provide a supplemental dietary source of butyric acid with SunButyrate™, a proprietary, butyrate-rich triglyceride oil. Butyrate is one of the most abundant short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) in the colon, where it acts as a key energy source for colon cells. Findings show that butyrate accounts for about 70% of colon epithelial cell (colonocyte) total energy consumption.1 Once absorbed, colonocytes rapidly oxidize 95% of the butyrate into ketone bodies for ATP synthesis.2 As such, butyrate constitutes an important energy source for the body, providing anywhere from 5% to 15% of a person’s daily caloric needs.
SunButyrate™ provides butyrate in a unique, highly palatable triglyceride form, which protects against premature degradation in the stomach and upper GI tract. While other forms demonstrate 70% breakdown in the stomach, GI models and in vitro studies reveal only 6-8% breakdown with SunButyrate™, in addition to this form maintaining over 90% integrity in the intestine. Available in a delicious natural blueberry-vanilla flavour, SunButyrate™ Liquid can be taken alone or mixed into food or drinks for an easy way to supplement dietary butyrate.